Posted: September 25, 2017 by Robert Craven
I’m off to the 2017 #GooglePartnerSummit in New York. All those cool Digital Agencies under one roof has got me thinking… What if I worked at an agency where my job was designed by Carlsberg?
I will simply write a list of some of the things that staff would experience:
* You rock up to the agency when you feel like it
* You leave when you feel like it
* You do as much or as little work as you want on whatever project you feel like working on
* Project timeline and Gantt charts are a thing of the past
* Clients are easy about when projects are delivered and whether they work or not
* Alcohol and all manner of borderline distractions would be available to all 24/7
* There would be no hierarchy
* No meetings
* No bad people, just your mates
… Maybe you could sing this to John Lennon’s Imagine.
Here’s the point. I certainly know sound recording studios just as I’ve described. I also know a few digital agencies that aren’t far from it. Is that a good thing? Really?